GUWU’s Health Program in run following the principles of social entrepreneurship. It combines direct service delivery with capacity development and facilitation of processes. Key components of the program include; Community Health Insurance; Response to challenges of chronic illnesses; Maternal and child Healthcare, Adolescent Sexual and reproductive health; Nutrition, sanitation and hygiene, plus general service delivery.
To equitably improve the health of communities served by the STJKHCII.
- To strengthen quality services and enhance capacities of STLKHCII- outreach communities to access timely and adequate healthcare services.
- To promote household nutrition, sanitation and hygiene standards as catalyst for sustainable health living.
- To enhance a positive reproductive health behavior among male and female youth and their proactive and sustainable access to quality services.
- To support people with chronic diseases to mitigate the negative effect and seek services in the right places
- To improve maternal and childcare standards among STJKHCII- outreach communities.